Used in the right way, offices and departments can be a powerful way to organise your users. Many features in Twine give you the option to filter or sort by offices or departments, so setting them up correctly is really important.
For larger businesses, it’s a useful way of grouping people together, but your organisation is small and you don’t need this feature, you can safely ignore it and move on.
Creating an office
- Go to > Settings
- Click on > Office locations
- You should be able to see a default set of offices which can be deleted/edited if not required.
- To create a new office, press > Create office location
- Fill all of your office related information and you’re good to go.
Note: ‘Nearest city’ is not mandatory, but is used for some localised information (like the weather dashboard widget).
Creating a department
Departments can be useful when you want to have distinct areas for specific people.
To create a new department:
- Go to > Settings.
- Click on > Departments
- You should be able to see a default set of departments (which can be deleted/edited if not required).
- To create a new department, click > Create department
- Fill all of your department related information and you’re good to go.
The department shortcode is not mandatory.